26 November, 2012
Soya Cottage Cheese DelightsComments : 1 Posted in : Appetizer, Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Paneer, Party Snack, Potato, Soya on by : Disha Khurana
Soya granules – 1 cup (soaked for 3hrs)
Paneer (Cottage cheese) – 150 gms (Grated)
Potato – 1 medium(boiled)
Cheese – 2 cubes (grated)
Ginger-garlic-green chilli paste – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1tsp
Amchur – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 lemon
Pav bhaji masala – 2 tsp
Coriander – 2 tbsp (coarsely chopped)
Rawa/Suji/Semolina – ¼ cup
Yogurt – 3 tbps
Cornflour – 2 tsp
Water – 1-2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Green & mint chutney – 1 tbsp OR
Combination of tomato ketchup, tabasco & schezwan sauce
Bread crumbs (For coating)
- Rougly grind the soaked soya granules but not in a complete paste form
- In a bowl, mix soya granules, paneer, cheese, potato onion, coriander, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste & combine with a spoon
- Add all the spices including the lemon juice (You can adjust the quantity of spices as per your taste)
- Add rawa & combine well; if the texture is yet very wet, add a few more spoons of rawa.
- Bind the mixture well & make either cutlets or round balls out of it.
- Now in a separate bowl, whisk curd with cornflour, salt & water. This mixture should not be be very thick or very runny.
- Add green chutney or combination of sauces to this curd mixture & mix well.
- Dip the soya balls nicely 1-2 at a time in the curd mixture, coat with bread crumbs & keep aside.
- You can bake them for 14-15mins till golden brown on 200C in an oven or pan fry in a non-stick pan or deep fry it. (They taste best when deep fried however one can choose healthier options)
- Serve hot with green chutney/tartar sauce or any sauce of your choice.
Note – You can also add half cup grated carrots & drain out excess water to add more colour to it.
These can be prepared beforehand too, but add more rawa to the mixture if preparing in advance as with time they tend to become softer.
Also bread coating should preferably be done a few hrs before serving it.