13 October, 2017
Chilli Cheese Toast Recipe
Chilli Cheese Toast has been a favourite for years now. Indulging in one of these cheesy, crispy hot chilli cheese toast followed by some juice or cutting chai outside college bring back fond memories. This recipe of Chilli Cheese Toast requires barely any work & is ready in no time during those sudden hunger pangs.
I hardly know anyone who doesn’t like a good Chilli Cheese Toast. In fact, this is one my family’s favourite other than the open Chilli Cheese Corn Toasties that I make for them. They are another hit at every party I have served them. Recently when I shared of it on my Facebook & Instagram Pages, the response was great & a lot of recipe requests came in. As promised, here is a recipe that we have been following for years at home. Ideally a lot of chopped green chili go into the mixture however you can totally control the spice level as per preference. This also works great for your kids tiffin however omit the green chillies if making for your kids.
Chilli Cheese Toast
4 slices bread
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 cup grated processed cheese, heaped
1-2 green chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp coriander, chopped
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
Salt to taste
Butter, for toasting
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except bread, butter & salt. Taste & add salt now accordingly as cheese has quite a bit of salt too.
- Generously spread the mixture on two slices of bread covering it with the other 2 slices.
- Heat a griddle or a non-stick pan, apply some butter & toast the chilli cheese toast on medium flame.
- Cover to let the steam melt the cheese, carefully turn & let it crisp up from the other side too till is golden brown & crisp on both sides. Apply butter while toasting.
- Cut into pieces & serve hot with green chutney.