6 December, 2017
Zesty Fish Pulao Recipe
Sea food is one protein that cooks the fastest. If you already have some pre-cleaned or boneless filets thanks to your fish monger, the work becomes so much easier. My mom always gets a good batch of boneless rawas or also known as Indian Salmon, cures them a bit in salt & freezes them. While she loves making sindhi style fish curries, I tried my hands on making something different this time – Zesty Fish Pulao. The result was a dish that is surely a keeper; tangy, quick & a meal on its own. This recipe of Zesty Fish Pulao comes together in no time & you don’t need an accompaniment with it either. Off course a simple curry sauce paired with it would taste great, but we enjoyed it just as it is.
This recipe of Zesty Fish Pulao calls for ingredients that are always available in the pantry. The addition of the spring onion greens is a must, it’s what gives this Zesty Fish Pulao a different dimension of flavour.
Zesty Fish Pulao
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
1/4 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
5ml lime juice
1tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4tsp cumin seeds
1/4tsp caraway seeds
1 green chilli, finely chopped
25gms spring onion greens, chopped
- Soak the rice for an hour & drain the water. Boil 2 cups of water & add the rice to the boiling water. Cook the rice for 8-9 minutes or till it is cooked through. Drain the rice & discard the water.
- Mix yogurt with red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala powder, lime juice & ginger-garlic paste & salt to a smooth consistency. Add the fish pieces & marinate it for 15-20minutes.
- Spread a foil paper on a baking tray & apply 2-3 drops of oil. Place the fish pieces removing any excess marination. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 5-6 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, heat the remaining oil in a kadai & add the cumin seeds, caraway seeds & the chopped green chilli.
- When it starts to crackle, add the leftover marinade of the fish & saute for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked rice & mix thoroughly.
- Add the baked fish pieces & the spring onion greens. Mix lightly & switch off the flame.
- Keep it covered for 1-2 minutes for the flavours to incorporate. Remove & serve hot.
If you make & enjoy this recipe of Zesty Fish Pulao, please share your feedback & pictures with me. I would love to read your comments on my recipe of Zesty Fish Pulao.